Early Years’ Parent Council
You may join the Inuuqatigiit Early Years’ Parent Council, if you are a parent of a child (or children) enrolled in an Inuuqatigiit Early Years’ (EY) program: Sivummut Head Start or Tumiralaat Child Care, and can volunteer 2 hours every 2 months.
This is a great opportunity to provide input, find solutions and guide Inuuqatigiit children’s program with the Early Years Manager, Natasha Barroso.
Becoming a Parent Council Member allows you:
- To guide the development and progress of EY programs and make suggestions for improvements;
- To be aware of how the six Aboriginal Head Start components are included in EY programming;
- To provide advice and input into how to further incorporate the six components into EY programming;
- To support and advise the EY Manager in program development and evaluation;
- To participate in the hiring process of EY staff;
- To promote the inclusion of culture and language in EY’s programs;
- To provide input into the EY Annual work plan;
- To provide input into the development or revisions of operational policies.
To learn more about the Parent Council and how you can join contact: